TRUVU Aquariums Posting Page
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Custom Aquariums for Your Home or Business
Custom aquariums are more than just a product, here at Truvuaquariums.com
we consider each aquarium a work of art. Custom aquariums aren't a cheap investment. There's a lot that goes into the design and manufacturing. As such, it's important to consider what to look for when choosing who you'll buy your custom aquariums from. We believe it comes down to a few key points:
- Who are you buying from?
- What materials are used in construction?
- What size and height are you considering?
If you've done any recent searches for "custom aquariums", you have seen there are a lot of companies to choose from. However, there aren't many companies like Truvu Aquariums that have the expertise to design and develop truly exceptional aquariums. We have been in business since 1972. Over the years we have created aquariums for celebrities such as Burt Reynolds, Sylvester Stallone and Jean Claude Van Dam. We designed custom aquariums for the Monterey Bay Aquarium, the San Diego Zoo, the Universities of Harvard, Stanford and Austin. We've also worked with the television industry creating aquariums for shows like MTV's The Real World L.A. and San Francisco. Our knowledge of design is unsurpassed. As Scott Clark our CEO says, "There are many choices when purchasing a custom aquarium. I would look for a company that has been around and has a solid warranty and track record for building quality products".
Generally our preferred material used to create custom aquariums is acrylic. We prefer to use acrylic rather than glass for the following reasons:
- Acrylic tanks are much lighter than glass tanks. Glass tanks can be 4-10x heavier than acrylic. This means that you're likely to need a much stronger stand for a glass tank. Moving an acrylic tank will also be easier than moving a similar sized tank made from glass.
- Acrylic tanks are stronger then their glass counterparts. Acrylic is a very strong material and it will take a very hard blow to damage the tank.
- An acrylic tank's walls do not need to be as thick as a comparable glass-walled tank due to acrylic's strong composition. Also, acrylic can be drilled to accommodate overflow systems.
- Acrylic tanks have much less light refraction as compared to glass. This means that what you see through an acrylic tank is a much more "true" image with less distortion as compared to what you'll see through glass.
Are you considering a very large custom aquarium? If you're considering a tank up to 1,000 gallons or if you're considering a very complex design - the best choice will be acrylic. Due to the strength to weight present in acrylic, it far outperforms glass tanks of similar size.
Every client is as unique as are their tanks. Our highly trained staff will work closely with you to design and create exactly what you've been looking for. Custom aquariums are so much more than just a place to keep your fish and aquatic ecosystems. They can visually enhance any space. Whether your tank will be in your Family Room or office, it will be a focal point and the overall design is critical. Please call us today at 623-242-5649 or contact us
online to start the process of creating a unique custom aquarium specifically designed for you.
Labels: acrylic aquariums, aquariums, custom aquariums
by: TRUVU Aquariums